Building AAPB Participation into Digitization Grant Proposals: Requirements, Recommendations and Workflows
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Webinar Registration form: https://goo.gl/forms/lWWU5GgFkv09bNFi2
Direct meeting URL: http://wgbh1.adobeconnect.com/aapb_grant-proposals-1/
Curious about getting involved in the American Archive of Public Broadcasting (AAPB)?
Seeking information about the workflows and requirements for contributing digitized content and/or metadata to the AAPB?
Writing a grant proposal and want to explore collaborating with the AAPB to preserve copies of your digitized collections and/or provide an access point to your collections through the AAPB metadata portal?
Then this webinar is for you!
On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 12:00pm ET, the AAPB will host a webinar focused on grant writing for digitization and subsequent contribution of digital files and metadata to the AAPB.
By the end of this webinar, participants will gain an understanding of:
- AAPB’s background and infrastructure,
- how contributing to the AAPB could benefit your collection
- steps to becoming an AAPB contributor,
- metadata and digital file format requirements and recommendations,
- delivery procedures, and
- other workflows and considerations for contributing digital files and/or metadata to the AAPB.
- the value of your collection as part of a national collection and how to express that in a proposal
Attendees will also receive advice on how to incorporate AAPB contribution into their CLIR Recordings at Risk (applications due February 9, 2018!), CLIR Digitizing Hidden Collections, or other grant proposal timelines and work plans.
Fill out this brief form to receive info about future webinars and to receive a webinar meeting invitation sent to your calendar: https://goo.gl/forms/lWWU5GgFkv09bNFi2
Anyone can join the webinar at this URL: http://wgbh1.adobeconnect.com/aapb_grant-proposals-1/
This webinar and future AAPB webinars are generously funded by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.