Don’t miss our third American Archive Meet-up! We’re excited to continue this series of informal video conference calls, which provide participants a venue to share their experiences and challenges, as well as ask the AAPB team any questions.
Our next meet-up will take place September 17th at 2pm EST.
For the first half of this meet-up, Laura Sampson will discuss the Stations’ Archived Memories (SAM) at Rocky Mountain PBS. Volunteers with SAM help the station preserve its history by identifying photographs, collecting memorabilia, conducting oral histories, and archiving the station’s materials. It’s a very impressive operation, that, as of May 2014, has:
- archived and electronically preserved 48,482 photographs
- archived and electronically preserved 14,134 station documents
- archived and electronically preserved 3,159 memorabilia items
- conducted and electronically preserved 190 oral histories
- inventoried 10,344 local production videos and tapes
During the second half of the meet-up, the AAPB team will give a virtual walkthrough of the Archival Management System (AMS), which stations use to access their digitized content. This will give stations that haven’t tested the AMS a chance to get their feet wet, and for stations who’ve been having trouble with the system to ask questions.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3412
Access Code: 928-756-309
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 928-756-309